Find us on all your favorite sites:
<< >>April 2013
| Mo || Tu || We || Th || Fr || Sa || Su |
| 1|| 2|| 3|| 4|| 5|| 6|| 7|
| 8|| 9||10||11||12||13||14|
|29||30|| || || || || |
- Improvisation and Public Speaking for Wallflowers
- Tue Jul 17 2012 - Tue Aug 07 2012
- YWCA -Santa Monica
- YWCA Events Category List
IMPROVISATION & PUBLIC SPEAKING FOR WALLFLOWERS
Tuesdays, July 17, 24, 31, August 7, 7:30 to 9 pm, YWCA
A Partnership with UCLArts and Healing with facilitator Jen Bloom, director and acting instructor
Do you wish you could think and speak on your feet? Are you uncomfortable in large groups? Does your voice shake when sharing your best ideas? Do you have things to say that you just don't say? Then come out to PRACTICE! This is 90 minutes where no one is judging you. Through social improvisational games, basic acting technique and vocal exercise, you will learn how to: turn up the gas on your personality, improve your speaking voice, lead or participate in meetings with joy, laugh with ease, and more! While taking this sequential series is recommended, drop-in spaces are available.
Cost is $75 for the series or $20/class. To reserve your spot right away, click HERE.
- YWCA - Website
- 2019 14th Street
- Santa Monica
The Mission of the YWCA Santa Monica / Westside is: Strengthened by diversity, the YWCA empowers women and girls by creating opportunities for growth and leadership. We offer two types of programs for women, girls and community members who live and/or work in the West Los Angeles/Santa Monica area.
- Programs for women and girls that are driven by our Mission and fill a vital community need. Supported by grants, private contributions and special events, they include a Transitional Housing and Education Program for young women, Girls In Action and Girl House Art Project leadership programs for middle school girls, Encore rehabilitation programs for cancer survivors, a Girls Athletics Program for girls ages 7-14, the Libbie Agran Financial Literacy Center for women and girls, and A Place for Parents for parents and single mothers.
- Classes, lectures, workshops and fitness programs in which our members enroll and pay to attend. These include classes for adults, teens and children in areas such as art, drama, gymnastics, dance, exercise, yoga, self-defense, and parenting. Joining the YWCA is inexpensive and simple. Annual membership is $25.00 for children, $45.00 for adults, and $30.00 for adults aged 55 and over. Scholarships are available. Please call Linda Garcia, Director of Member Services, at 310.452.3881 for more information on membership, or click here to sign up online.