Find us on all your favorite sites:
News and Events!
Coming April 11 to 13!
Money Talks One-on-One
Tuesdays, 6-8 pm, MUST PRE-REGISTER
Every Third Thursday,
Weds, 3/26, 4/2, 9, 16, 23, 30, 10 am
Your Journey Through Divorce
1st Tuesdays, 6:30 pm
First Sundays, 2 pm
Apr 6, 8-10 pm!
<< >>March 2014
| Mo || Tu || We || Th || Fr || Sa || Su |
| || || || || || 1|| 2|
| 3|| 4|| 5|| 6|| 7|| 8|| 9|
|31|| || || || || || |
| Libbie Agran and her husband, Guy Fitzwater, established the Libbie Agran Financial Literacy Center at the YWCA Santa Monica / Westside in 2006. The Mission of the center is to promote financial literacy and economic justice by providing:|
- Computer labs and software to build skills for girls in math, science and personal finance
- Programs for women and families to build skills in personal financial management and wealth building
The workshops serve women and girls from ethnically and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds and highlight topics such as credit literacy, retirement plans, investing, and saving. Since its inception, the Center has reached over 250 women and girls through two annual conferences, follow-up finance checks, targeted topic workshops, and interactive computer classes.
For women, the Libbie Agran Financial Literacy Center increases financial literacy by:
- Teaching the skills necessary to create a budget, project income sources including investments, build and monitor credit, and manage personal and credit card debt
- Teaching wealth building techniques and investment strategies
- Setting goals and planning for retirement
- Providing strategies for increasing salaries and income from business ownership to build wealth and independence
- Developing strategies for women in marriages and partnerships to build strong economic units as families age and grow
- Providing mentors and mentoring skills to women to facilitate financial decision making
- Creating mentoring groups to encourage women to problem solve and invest with the help of other women in financial dialogue
- Supporting better communication among mothers, daughters and other family members to best manage their assets and family wealth
Click here to find out about financial literacy classes and workshops for women.
For youth, the Center provides:
Click here to find out about financial literacy classes and workshops for youth.
- Computer labs and software to enhance the self-esteem of girls by increasing math, science, reading and social studies skills
- Games to increase financial awareness and develop life skills for financial decision-making
- Hands-on experiences in businesses and through field trips to increase financial literacy and exposure to a variety of workplaces
- Funds to support TECHgyrls and MoneySmarts classes as described in the Girls in Action profile